Katharine is a small business owner with over 10 years of high-level management practice, including building effective teams. Her project management experience in the private sector, non-profit and academic arenas makes her the perfect candidate to take on the widely varied duties of the County Clerk’s Office. Her skill at successfully managing 200+ people during her role as a campaign manager reflects her strong communication and interpersonal skills. It was Katharine who ran the 2018 campaign with the highest Democratic turnout in the state.
Katharine has served as an IT consultant and analytics manager, proving she has the mandatory technical experience necessary to broaden access to the County Clerk’s office and make it more user-friendly.
In her past advocacy work Katharine has run successful campaigns to protect affordable housing, served as a Police Review Commissioner, and served as a union organizer. She also has worked on clothing and aid drives for the homeless. She has also served as legislative assistant, committee analyst and committee secretary for several years in the New Mexico State Legislature. Katharine is a former Roosevelt Institution Policy Fellow, a former Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee fellow, and currently serves on the Animal Control Advisory Board for Santa Fe County.
Katharine has an MBA in Public Policy & Human Resources from the University of New Mexico and a dual BA in Cognitive Neurosciences & Interdisciplinary Studies in “Ethical/Moral Psychology” from UC Berkeley. She is a 2017 alumna of EMERGE NM, an organization dedicated to changing the face of power, politics and leadership in order to have policies that are responsive to all Americans. She is currently part of the 2020 Leadership Santa Fe class.
“I come to public service rooted in my ancestors: 10 generations of military service by men and women, as well as 6 generations of union members and organizers. I also owe much of who I am to my mother. She modeled advocacy for me my entire life and taught me to be the first to stand up when someone needed help.”
Pictured above is Rep. Christine Chandler’s “Blue wave’ campaign in the Los Alamos Parade. Katharine ran the campaign and led the team that organized over 200+ volunteers to show up and wear blue. Katharine inspires hard work and dedication among her teams and it shows.
Management success in nonprofit, academic, political, corporate, and small business settings
- 15 years in project/event/lab/campaign management with large, diverse and successful teams
- 10 years training volunteer and employee teams with proven statistical reliability across trainees/volunteers
- MBA in Human Resources/Public Policy/Leadership emphases
- Policy Fellow, Roosevelt Institution
- 4 years at the NM Legislature, Legislative Assistant and Committee Secretary and Analyst for House Education Committee
- Cognitive Neuroscience Degree – Coursework in Computer Science, Statistics, Human Factors and Artificial Intelligence
- Researcher/lab manager/programmer in engineering, neuroscience and cognitive science labs
- Statistics instructor
- Quality Assurance and Agile software development experience
- IT/Data/Analytics consultant for campaigns and small businesses
- Example: developed a custom ticketing system for a medium sized company to speed up interdepartmental communication
- Award winning marketing team member for Apple Computers for #1 Higher Education sales in the US
- 5+ years marketing management and consulting for small-medium sized businesses
- Human factors and consumer psychology coursework
- Persuasion and messaging specialist
- Constituent services at the legislature and for several elected officials
- Zingtrained – trained in customer satisfaction oriented business
- Staadmuseum Munich, art history and cultural archive preservation internship
- Developed disaster and scientific data preservation plan for UC Berkeley Psychology Department
- Former Union Representative and organizer (UPTE-CWA), Political Director (IATSE)
- Labor Relations and employment law coursework for MBA in Human Resources
- Published Culture and Cognition researcher
- Diversity in leadership and bias coursework and research
- Extensive organizing/advocacy work throughout New Mexico
- Air force family – born abroad and lived in many places throughout childhood
- Successful campaign manager for several issue and candidate campaigns
- Police Review Commissioner
- Affordable Housing/External Affairs Director
- Democratic Party
- Young Democrats of New Mexico Vice-Chair
- Santa Fe Young Democrats Chair
- Secretary of Democratic Party of New Mexico